The deck on your home opens up the outdoors to you, providing a comfortable place for relaxing and entertaining. Maintaining and making repairs to the deck will ensure years of pleasure on that deck.
All kinds of factors can put stress on your deck just by virtue of both the environment and normal wear-and-tear. Addressing what needs to be repaired will make the deck safer for you and your family, and add value to your home.
In identifying the necessary repairs of your deck, our team will assess:
- Wood: Many of the components of decks are usually built from wood. We’ll check to see if any of it is split or decaying (paying close attention to areas that tend to stay damp).
- Stairs: We’ll ensure they are stable and firmly in place.
- Stair Risers: The should be securely attached to the stairs.
- Flashing: This is the metal or plastic guard that is usually installed where the deck and house meet to direct moisture and debris away from the house, and should be firmly in place.
- Fasteners: These include nails, screws, or anchors that hold the ledger board (the part of the deck that attaches to the house), and those used on the deck floor, stairs, and handrails. If they are loose or corroded, they will need to be replaced.
- Railing Posts: We will determine if they are unstable and need to be strengthened.
Our team at B&T Fencing will bring your deck back to superb condition. Whether you need minor repairs, maintenance, or a large-scale disaster repair project, rest assured that we have the knowledge, experience, and commitment to get the job done in a timely manner with outstanding results.